Information can be found on the INFO & LINKS symbaloo page - here you will find link to the lesson schedule and blank practice sheets.
Music Maestros is a program designed to help Ellis Band Students along by providing after-school lessons with veteran Greenville High School Students. Please see the info sheet below if you are interested in signing up!
Congratulations to the Scott M. Ellis 4th and 5th Grade Bands for an amazing Holiday Concert!
1) The complete "Concert Bb Scale". Click here for a reminder of the notes of the scale.+
2) Lesson Book. Continue working on assigned lesson.
3) Band Music. Start with the rhythms first (i.e.: count out your part).
In 4th Grade Band, we have discussed two "practice tricks" for learning new pieces:
Say the notes!
1) Say the note names to the whole piece, or just a couple measures.
2) Say the note names and do the fingering/slide position.
3) Play the piece.
1) Play the first note of the piece or phrase a few times.
2) Play the first two notes a few times.
3) Repeat this process and add 1 note after you can do it 3 times successfully.
We will discuss more practice tricks as time goes on, you can also check the practice tricks sheet on the PRACTICE TOOLS page.
Scott M. Ellis Band Director